JAAS Systems has partnered with MYOB Advanced to bring a complete manufacturing ERP solution to the Australian/New Zealand marketplace.
Fully integrating with the MYOB Advanced Financials and Distribution systems, JAAS Advanced Manufacturing Software (JAMS) for MYOB Advanced delivers a powerful and complete solution for make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project centric, job shop, batch, and repetitive manufacturing companies. JAMS for MYOB Advanced provides real-time coordination of all your business activities from one central location.
Do you have questions? Call Us: +61 2 8003 5205 (Australia) or +1-614-759-4167 (U.S.)
JAMS for MYOB Advanced Three Core Modules
A multi-level Bill of Material (BOM)/Routing that presents both engineering and financial views of the product structure; it efficiently plans and manages your inventories, costs and manufacturing processes and maintains full revision control.
At the core of the JAMS for MYOB solution, the Bill of Material (BOM)/Routing module not only creates production specifications, it is the framework for the planning functionality in all of the JAMS modules. All maintenance of the BOM and Routing information is done through a single screen.
- Integrated BOM/Routing– Directly connect materials, work instructions and overhead costs to an operation. This allows for the time-phased release of materials.
- Multi-level BOM/Routing– Lists the components required to produce an item as well as any subassemblies and their components. Provides both an engineering and costed view of the entire product structure.
- Revision Control– Maintain a complete revision history of your BOM/Routing. This allows you to save and view multiple revisions, both past and future, as well as the reason for the revision.
- Effectivity/Expiration Dates– For planning and execution activities, you can enter the date the material will become available for use and assign a date the material will no longer be available for use.
- Production Steps– Provide detailed work instructions that describe the specific work that needs to be performed at ach operation. Through the steps and standard note capability, you can document the entire process.
- Phantoms– Allows the user to enter phantom items into the BOM. These items show up on the BOM, but disappear when the Production Order is created. Changes to phantom items, such as components or quantities when made at the BOM level are carried throughout the system.
- Reference Designators– Identifiers that relate to individual material lines on a BOM can be used to reflect multiple reference points on a drawing, so you don’t need to create multiple lines for that item in the BOM.
- Flexible Copy BOM– The capability to make a complete copy of an existing BOM/Routing to a new BOM/Routing. This copy can be used as an alternate BOM/Routing for the same inventory item or may be used to create a different, yet similar, inventory item.
- Multiple Costing Methods and Capabilities– Allows for average, standard and actual costing methods. Other costing capabilities include the ability to add tooling costs and overhead costs, both fixed and variable.
- Unlimited Fixed and Variable Overhead Costs– Define unlimited fixed and variable overhead costs by operation or work center.
- BOM Cost Roll– Flexible cost roll can be utilized for a single level BOM or multi-level BOM, by item, or site. Costs of the lower level items will “roll” up into the costs for the higher-level items. In a standard cost operation, costs will update the pending standard cost for each item in inventory.
MRP is the software engine that takes demand from sales orders and forecasts, in conjunction with the supply of purchase orders, production orders and master production schedules, to generate planned orders in a time phased manner to offset the outstanding demands for end items and subassemblies.
The art of supply and demand is critical to any manufacturing organization. The JAMS for MYOB MRP module is a powerful planning tool that enables an organization to satisfy customer requirements while maintaining optimal inventory levels.
- MRP Display– The core MRP screen; it shows the planner exactly what needs to be purchased and/or produced. From this one centralized location, all supply and demand can be viewed and production and purchase orders can be created directly from this screen.
- MRP Exception Messages– Shows the planner recommendations to defer, expedite, and delete supply items. Exception messages also identify late orders and displays any transfers that are available from another warehouse or site.
- Full Regeneration– Can be scheduled to run anytime, day or night. All existing planned orders for all items are wiped out. MRP starts all over, calculating gross and net requirements and then replans what materials are required to either be produced or purchased.
- Master Production Schedule– The MPS is entered manually by the planner. MRP plans all requirements based upon the MPS. The MPS is treated as a pre-planned production order and acts as a supply for other demand requirements.
- Sales Forecasts– Forecasts can be generated utilizing past sales history and/or entered manually. These forecasts can be dependent and consumed by sales orders or can be independent.
- MRP Detail– The MRP Detail Inquiry screen shows all of the activity for an inventory item within a site and where that activity was generated.
- Bucketless System– MRP plans requirements from every single demand; it does not compile requirements for a period of time. The system allows for flexibility by allowing user-defined time buckets.
From components to finished goods, the JAMS for MYOB Production Management Module provides sophisticated production management supporting multiple types of manufacturing environments (including, make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, configure-to-order, project centric, job shop, batch and repetitive).
This module allows manufacturers to track material and labor costs and schedule productions on the shop floor. You can also compare the standard/planned production costs to the actual costs of the production order.
- Production Order Tracking– Captures the total manufacturing costs for a production order including material, labor, machine, tool, overhead, and outside processes.
- Production Order Changes– The capability to build prior or alternate Bills of Material revisions as well as substitute operations and/or materials on a production order.
- Scheduling– Multiple scheduling options to meet customer’s delivery dates. The system utilizes both forward and backward scheduling methods to allow for flexibility.
- Lot / Serial Tracking– Full lot and serial traceability throughout the lifecycle of the item. Lot and serial numbers can be assigned or entered manually through purchase receipts, inventory issues, and shop floor control transactions.
- Critical Materials– Allows you to view any quantities that are short for a specific production order. It allows for creation of Purchase Orders and Production Orders for the parts that are short from a single screen.
- Labor Tracking– Apply direct production labor to a specific production order by employee. In addition, non-production time can be entered through the use of indirect codes by employee.
- Materials Tracking– The system allows stock and non-stock material quantities and costs to be issued to a production order. If the material is a Lot/Serial tracked item the user will be required to input the Lot/Serial number at this time.
- Backflushing labor and/or material– The system allows for backflushing of labor and/or material. This is useful when companies only wish to record the production quantity.
- Production Performance– Compare Standard/Planned costs with Actual for multiple cost buckets; labor, material, machine, tools, fixed and variable overheads for detailed production order cost performance.
- Event Audit Trail– Lists all the events a production order goes through. Includes a brief description, the date the event occurred, and the ID of the user that performed the event.
- Barcode Integration– The system can utilize barcode data collection to record labor and material transactions as well as inventory transactions such as issues, receipts, cycle counting, and physical inventory.
Begin your manufacturing process with a fast and accurate estimate. With the JAMS Estimating module the user is given the flexibility to quickly create detailed manufacturing estimates, improve estimate accuracy and turnaround times. It takes into account all aspects of estimating, material, overhead, labor, and other miscellaneous costs. Once the estimate is confirmed it can be easily converted to a Bill of Material or Sales Order.
- Non-Inventory Items – Provides the capability to estimate items not currently in Inventory. It also allows the user the opportunity to attach notes and files to the estimate as well as item attributes.
- Create Inventory Items – on-inventory items are easily converted to inventory stock items or non-stock items. Users can create inventory items and generate a Bill of Material from an estimate.
- Revision Control – Allows for multiple revisions of the same estimate, showing a history of the revisions and who created the revision: providing an accurate estimate for expected labor, material, and overhead costs.
- Flexible Options – Allows the user to prepare an estimate for existing and/or custom items. It also provides the capability to create a simple, quick summary estimate or a detailed estimate utilizing a Bill of Material structure.
- Flexible Copy Process – Providing the user an easy way to create a new estimate by simply copying or modifying an existing estimate, Bill of Material, or Production Order Bill of Material.
- Create Production Order – Allows the user to create a Production Order directly from an Estimate.
- Sales Integration – An estimate can be attached directly to, or against a sales order or an opportunity in Customer Management (CRM). It provides the capability to create a sales order directly from the estimate.
- Multi-Site – Supports multiple sites.
Product Configurator is a powerful tool that enhances quality and accuracy in the manufacturing of complex products. Allowing the user to configure a products’ features, options and dimensions, JAMS Product Configurator provides the tools you need to maximize your quote-to-order and manufacturing performance. The rules-based Product Configurator allows products to be configured in multiple ways on quotes, sales orders and/or production orders. JAMS Product Configurator greatly reduces the number of bills of material/routing for a finished part based on a variety of features, options, dimensions, and functions.
- Configure to Order – An item can be configured using predetermined features and options. The results of the configuration can carry forward to a production order.
- Dimensional Capability – The system provides for multiple dimensional calculations and formulas in order to calculate the material requirements for the specific components for the configuration.
- Configuration Pricing – Based upon the features and/or options chosen, the system has multiple price roll-up capabilities to determine the actual unit price for that specific configured item.
- Order History and Look-up – Easily look-up a customer’s precious configuration to create the order or make adjustments from the prior configuration.
- Flexible Copy Process – Providing the user an easy way to create a new configured order by simply copying or modifying an existing configured order or quote.
- Configuration Revisions – Allows for multiple revisions of the same configuration, showing a history of the revisions and who created the revision.
- Multi-Level Configuration – Support multi-level configuration of regular, non-phantom, items with multiple production orders created for each regular configured item.
- Formula Validation – Validates formula calculation based upon minimum/maximum attribute values or quantities.
Additional Integrated Modules Currently in Development
Manage and monitor your shop floor schedule and work center capacity, both finite and infinite. APS offers what-if planning capability, ability to promise, as well as scheduling employee and/or machine resources.
Manufacture to a project and track all associated costs at the project level. Compare actual costs to a user-established project budget. Production orders can be tied directly as a task to a project or produced to stock.
Automates, controls, and organizes all change requests, plans, and actual changes to a Bill of Material. Full control from Engineering Change Request to Engineering Change Order to Engineering Change Notice with approvals throughout each step in the process.